Monday, March 23, 2015

Fandoming

I have made a huge mistake. One that is currently five books long. It's called 'A Song of Ice and Fire'.

Being a regular on Imgur, I was not unfamiliar with the somewhat garbled premise of the show as depicted through memes, screenshots and gifs. But as always, I HAD to read the books before watching the TV series, and so I bought a box set from a guy on a FB group who did not have time to read it and "preferred watching it anyway." Ugh.

And so I rescued the books and gave them a better home, on my bookshelf. Where they stayed for a long time. Three or four months to be precise. In my defence, it was a daunting prospect (have you seen the size of each book?! At least Harry Potter gradually increases in size!). I was also directing a play at the time, and Christmas, New Year etc happened. Anyway. I finally began.

One and a half books in, I am still in love with Ned Stark, as much as Lady Catelyn still is. I still can't believe George R. R. Martin killed him. It hurt almost as bad as when Dobby died. I even went to the Wikipedia page to check if he was really, REALLY dead. Damn you authors for making us love people and mercilessly killing them off.

SO anyway. I have found a new fandom.

Tyrion Lannister is my favourite currently.Oh please don't die Imp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment