Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lovers on the beach...

Found this in my drafts. I still feel this way:

What makes the beach, the seaside, so romantic?

More often than not, our beaches are covered in trash and smell of fish. Hardly the aroma of love!

Still, at any time of the day, at least a dozen couples are to be found, doing whatever it is lovers do. Ok, so I DO know what they do, no need to give that sceptical look. I've done my fair share of it too. Ahem.

Personally, I have many memories of the beach, including one very windy, rainy evening. Oh those Mills & Boon romances have got it right.

Anyway. Yes. I shall stop mooning over the past and get back on track.

Every time I see these couples, sometimes even at 6AM on a Saturday morning (when I'm there bleary-eyed in a rumpled kurta covering a rally or walkathon or something similar), it makes me wonder about where they come from, where they go.

Especially the secrecy. Never having to hide the fact that I'm going to meet my special someone whenever we went out, the situation is very strange to me. How does one hold SUCH a big secret inside, and not share your happiness with the ones who love you the most?

So puzzling.

Being near the sea just makes me feel like there are infinite possibilities in my world. The horizon is endless. And I think those lovers on the beach feel it too, unshackled from the lives they lead when they leave the waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment